Color Management standardization and optimization of offset production
This is the highest level of color management knowledge. The course is designed for industry professionals who wish to be recognized as experts in the standardization and optimization of offset manufacturing. The training covers color management issues at all stages of printing reproduction, defining how to integrate and maintain proven best industry practices and standards. The training goes beyond the one-time calibration process, providing a comprehensive set of tools for building color management and process control from creation to printing.
This course will provide you with the ability to implement basic calibration and quality control procedures to manage your supply chain of printing products and fuel a production culture based on process control.
- This training course addresses the latest international and industrial standards
- After successful completion of the training, assessed on the basis of the post-test result, each participant receives a certificate confirming the acquired knowledge.
- It is part of a larger training program on standardization and optimization of printing production
Who is this course for?
Technologists, production managers, printing specialists, machine operators.
- Basics of color management
- Densitometric vs. spectral
- CIE color spaces
- Color measurement methods dE 2000, 76 CMC
- Defining printing targets
- Global printing standards
- Custom printing conditions
- Tolerances in offset printing
- Relative theory of paper and substrate
- Proofing, calibration, certification, optimization
- Softproofing and lighting standards
- Plates, paper and paints, selection of printing components
- Comparison of standardization in conventional and UV technology
- Machine capabilities, qualification of the machine for calibration
- Mechanical adjustment of the inking unit
- Mechanical regulation of the water unit
- Verification of mechanical settings using analytical forms
- Verification of regulation settings using NIP Control probes
- Printing defects, deformations of raster points – how to recognize them, properly diagnose and eliminate them
- Determining the water-paint balance
- Stabilization of production conditions
- Determination of TVI vs NPDCS curves
- G7 Idealliance with four compatibility levels
- Determination of ICC profiles
- Recalibration of the production process with the G7 and TVI PSO method
- SOP process control methods
- Optimization of pre-inking on machines for CMYK
- Optimization of pre-inking on machines for spot colors
- Minimizing the amount of waste paper and setup time
- Digital color patterns at all stages of production, CxF / X-4
- Implementation of SCTV curves for production
- Implementation of reporting for the ongoing quality control and efficiency of the printing process.
- Control of printing reproduction processes